十年音乐是网友最喜欢的伤感音乐网站.我们提供2014最新最好听的网络音乐,伤感情歌,超经典的老歌.更多超好听的歌更多感动尽在十年音乐.> 英语短文 > 生活短文 > 营养摄取
From dietitians to raw food gurus, superfoods have been promoted as the fountain of health and youth.
While I can’t vouch for the fountain of health and youth claim, I have experienced the extra vitality that comes from eating these nutrient-dense foods.
There is no formal definition for the term superfoods, but they are generally described as being especially nutritious, with bio-active compounds and special health benefits not available from other foods. Superfoods are the foods with high levels of phytonutrients and antioxidants, and they possess a superior nutritional profile.
Adding some of these foods into your diet is one more way to support your body’s natural health and beauty.
Ten Superfoods for Health and Beauty
1. Goji Berries: Also known as wolfberries, goji berries contain all 8 essential amino acids, are packed with vitamin C, trace minerals, and are revered in Asia as a powerful healing food. They are available dried (they look like red raisins), and taste similar to a cranberry/cherry mix. Goji berries have been called one of the most nutrient rich fruits on earth.
2. Cacao Nibs: Nibs are pieces of cacao beans, pictured above, the source of cocoa powder, and contain large amounts of magnesium, as well as having the highest antioxidant concentration of any food. Cacao nibs are unsweetened, somewhat unusual in taste and can be found in better health food stores.
3. Spirulina: A blue-green algae prized by the Aztec, spirulina is 60% protein in a highly digestible form. It is a great source of B12, iron, beta-carotene, and GLA (gamma-linoleic acid), and lutein. It boosts energy levels and supports the immune system. Available as a powder or capsule, spirulina is a great addition to a smoothie or sprinkled on a salad.
4. Chlorella: This single-celled algae is packed with chlorophyll, enzymes, and anti-oxidants. Chlorophyll is high in protein and calcium and is a potent detoxifier. The most recommended form of chlorella is “broken-cell”, which increases the availability of the nutrients, and is available in tablets, capsules, or powder. For an in-depth look at both spirulina and chlorella, read Superfoods for Optimum Health (free online).
5. Coconut Oil: The oil (or butter) of coconuts is not the same as cocoa butter (from cacao). Coconut oil is a saturated fat with anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, and can be used just like butter in recipes. Coconut stimulates the thyroid and helps to lower cholesterol. It is a superb bodycare moisturizer. Try using it for lotion, lip balm, and a pre-wash conditioner for your hair.
Add a new one to your diet every so often and find the superfoods that work for you.